HOW DO I ACCESS THE SERVICE?
There are a number of ways you can access our service if you feel you would benefit from talking therapies:
You can contact us online by clicking here if you want to access the Talking Changes service. Simply complete the self-referral form by adding your information. All enquiries are in complete confidence.
You may wish to speak to your GP or a health professional for some more information. Following your discussion they may refer you to Talking Changes.
Alternatively you can also contact us directly by telephone (self-refer) by calling the Talking Changes team – 0191 3333300
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Further treatment discussions
Further treatment discussions
Enquiry – how to access the service
- Fill in the online referral form
- Telephone call
- Via your GP
- Or from other professionals
Referral – we will contact you to arrange your consultation
- Once you or your GP have completed a referral form we will be in touch, usually within 72 hours.
- One of our friendly admin team will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your telephone assessment.
Your Telephone Assessment Appointment
- Your initial assessment will take place over the telephone. This will be a 20-30 minute call with a Therapist and a treatment plan will be recommended at the end of this call. In certain circumstances we are able to arrange face to face appointments.
- At the end of this call a treatment plan will be discussed with you based on the information gathered
- Occasionally we may need to signpost you on to another service/agency for more appropriate or alternative support.
Weekly Therapy Sessions
- Therapy sessions will be pre-arranged to take place on a weekly basis and depending on the treatment will vary in duration.
- We will provide workbooks and appropriate resources to support you through the treatment and therapy sessions.
- It is important that you practice the skills and techniques discussed with you in session in between appointments in order to get the maximum benefit from these. You may set homework which will inform future therapy sessions and it is key these are completed and brought along to subsequent sessions.
- It is important that you keep your appointments or let us know in advance if you need to change or cancel the appointment.
- Unfortunately if you do not attend 2 appointments you will be discharged from the service.
The length of treatment will be based on your individual needs.
Once you have completed your therapy sessions
- Our goal is to support and guide you to learn the skills and techniques you need to move towards recovery.
- After you have completed your therapy we recommend a period of consolidation to master the skills and techniques you have learned within treatment.
- We welcome your feedback on our service so that we can make improvements, to give us feedback click here.
If you would prefer to receive therapy in a language other than English or require a signer, please let your GP know upon referral or make Talking Changes aware if you refer yourself into the service. We will then contact a local interpreter to arrange subsequent telephone or face to face treatment sessions.